Slick Hair & Strong Brows | Eyes to Kill

Slick Hair & Strong Brows | Eyes to Kill


When you have your hair scraped back it can feel a bit OTT to have a lot of make up on. I think this works great as the focus is all in the eye area but the rest of the face looks made up without being drag queen chic!

Tips on creating this look:

Keep the colour in the centre of the eye light and shimmery, you can go metallic if you're brave enough!

Thicken the lash line with gel liner (I used Maybelline EyeStudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner in 'Blackest Black') and thicken the line as you reach the outer corner. Whilst it is still wet, softly smudge it for an edgy, worked in look. 

Curl and apply lashings of mascara, taking care to separate them so you can skip the falsies! If you are more lacking in the lash department, go for natural/slightly thicker rather than very heavy to keep the look wearable in the evening.

Highlight your inner tearduct and make sure you blend blend blend! Keep adding and blending till the colours are seamless.

I use MAC eyeshadow in 'Handwritten' for the brows and a MUFE eyebrow brush. Work within your natural hair line and keep the colour a couple shades lighter than your hair colour.

Line your lower lashline with a bright colour - I went for Urban Decay's 24/7 Pencil in Mildew to add more colour to the eyes and compliment the brown tones in her eyes.

Cheeks and lips

For eyes like this, keep the rest simple but make sure you do something - you don't want to look half finished. I contoured the cheeks and added MAC 'Warm Soul' blush to the tops of her cheekbones, angling it so they gave a structured, modelesque look. I ran some contour under her chin and up the temples.

Using a lighter concealer under the eye area and bringing it down to the cheeks really helps the contour to work its magic. I finished with a soft highlight to add some glow rather than more sparkle.

I kept the lips light with a peachy pink matte lipstick and rounded the lips to soften the look.


~ See more details of my work on the Make up Artistry page!
 

3 comments:

  1. This looks is so beautiful! and wow ur eyebrows are amazing!

    http://samram1214.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! But that isn't me, I did my friend's makeup, glad you like it xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What are those lumps on the eye area? I have seen a few people with this, what causes it?

    ReplyDelete

 

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author