Haircare Sent From the Heavens | Pureology

If you have coloured your hair in the past you will understand the pains of finding that shampoo and conditioner combo that is going to get that colour to stick for as long as possible and that just-walked-out-the-salon pigmentation.

Colouring your hair and maintaining the colour is not cheap, so do your best to maintain the longevity of the colour. You didn't spend all that time in there to strip it off your locks a week later.

Lo and behold, I have discovered the answer to your colour care problems, ladies. 

Pureology. I heard Estee talk about this on her YT channel and I was kind of in two minds, brand wise I had never heard of it and I just figured Redken or Ojon must be better. But the Redken Colour Extend which is what I had been relying on, wasn't proving to be doing much so I ordered the Pureology Hydrate Shampoo & Conditioner.

Pureology Hydrate Shampoo - £11 for 250ml
Pureology Hydrate Conditioner £14 for 250ml













 Things to Note:

- Pureology is a sulfate-free brand. Sulfate is essentially a 'salt' that is known to strip your hair of moisture and colour. It isn't necessarily super harsh and is used in shampoos but for preserving colour, sulfate-free ranges are recommended.
- Pureology products are 100% vegan. The use of plant extracts as alternatives means this all natural cleansing is super gentle on your chemically treated scalp!

Why Hydrate?

There are numerous ranges out with Pureology but I went for hydrate because my hair is extremely dry and brittle from harsh colouring and heat damage. Especially exposing hair to cold winter weather, you need a way to get the moisture back in there. 

Key Ingredients
  • Advanced Hydrating Micro-Emulsion Technology
  • Multi-Weight Proteins of Soy, Oat and Wheat
  • Conditioning Plant Extracts of Jojoba, Green Tea and Sage

Verdict:

From the first wash, I was hooked. The shampoo and conditioner are both a thick, white consistency. The shampoo lathers well but not overly foamy and they recommend a small amount because it coats the hair really well and doesn't require huge dollops of wasted product. 

The conditioner is what impressed me the most. It has a thick, creamy texture and you feel it working as soon as you rub it though the ends; leaving it silky and moisturised. Leave in for about 3-6 minutes and thoroughly rinse out. Hair feels silky soft, but not limp in the slightest; I still have tonnes of body and volume to work with when I blow-dry.

Both shampoo and conditioner have a strong menthol, minty scent which makes a change from the usual floral, fruity haircare. These are really easy to work with in the shower and 250ml has lasted me a few months with regular use. 

My hair, once dried, shows the results immediately. It shines with nourishment and goodness and leaves my mane feeling super thick and luxurious. I haven't noticed my colour fading and most importantly, it has not turned a brassy orange at all despite it being over 3 months since it was coloured.  

I got my duo off www.fabriah.com who sell haircare and had a promotional offer at the time, but I see Feel Unique stocks the range also. Price-wise I would happily pay out again for this again considering similar brands offer less impressive products at a higher price.

I cannot wait to try out the other haircare ranges by Pureology!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author